Lockdown training and volunteering
We know that it is lockdown 3.0, but remember, you are still allowed to provide voluntary or charitable services to support your local community.
This is why we are resharing our local volunteering links in this issue, along with a call out for NHS Volunteer Responders.
Local volunteering and social action opportunities:
NHS Volunteer Responders – new roles recently released!
Stoke-on-Trent COVID-19 Support Network
City of Stoke-On-Trent Volunteering
Latest Guidance and Updates:
A Golden Year for Sport?
ACAS (General workforce courses)
BaseballSoftballUK Coaching Summit (30th January 2021)
NGB training courses (S-Z):
Softball (None currently available)
Surf Life Saving (None currently available)
Ultimate (None currently available)
Volleyball (None currently available)
Water Ski and Wakeboard: Coach/Drive/Operate Officals
Wheelchair Basketball (None currently available)
Wheelchair Rugby (None currently available)
Wrestling (None currently available)
StreetGames National Training Week: (Monday 25th – Friday 29th January 2021)
Back to Basics
- Introduction to Doorstep Sport – Monday 25th Jan, 6pm-8pm
- Getting Young People Active during & beyond Covid – Wednesday 27th Jan, 10am-12pm
- Youth Mental Health First Aid – Tuesday 26th Jan, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Maximizing the 5 Ways to Wellbeing – Thursday 28th Jan, 1.30pm-3pm
- Introduction to Social Prescribing – Friday 29th Jan, 10am-11.30am
- Impact of Sport on Youth Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour – Monday 25th Jan, 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Keeping Young People Safe in Community Sport, Wednesday 27th Jan, 1pm-4pm
- Managing Challenging Behaviour, Friday 29th Jan, 12pm-3pm
- FABS – How to Engage, Train, Retain & Reward Young Volunteers – Tuesday 26th Jan, 1.30pm-4pm
- Developing Resiliently Active Young People- Thursday 28th Jan, 2pm-4pm
- Engaging Women & Girls in Sport & Physical Activity- Monday 25th Jan, 10am-1pm